UniPure got its start licensing Unocal’s patented metals co-precipitation processes. As the industrial wastewater market matured UniPure evolved from process licensor, to system supplier, to build-own-operate contractor.
Since 1985, UniPure has delivered hundreds of enhanced metals removal systems. Sizes range from 200 gallon batches to 7,500 gpm.
Our abilities to innovate and adapt are keys to our success.
- 1989 – Complete first turnkey installation in the U.S.
- 1991 – Complete retrofit of a 3800 gpm conventional hydroxide precipitation system. The UniPure System proves reacting ferrous iron instead of adding ferric to co-precipitate metals decreases total iron consumption and sludge generation by 75%.
- 1994 – Australia imports its first UniPure System.
- 1995 – Argentina imports its first UniPure System.
- 1996 – Bahrain imports its first UniPure System.
- 1998 – Demonstrate our first two-stage high density sludge process at Wheal Jane Mine. UniPure starts-up full-scale (5500 gpm) system in 2000.
- 1999 – Rent stand-alone clarifiers and metals removal systems for the first time.
- 2000 – Install our first arsenic co-precipitation process designed to operate at a pH <3.0. The process reduces the volume of hazardous sludge by 90%.
- 2000 – Open rental clarifier business in the U.K.
- 2001 – Complete first build-own-operate contract in the U.S.
- 2002 – Japan imports its first UniPure System.
- 2003 – Rent 1000 gpm treatment system on a price-per-treated-gallon basis.
- 2004 – Install our first arsenic removal system for ion exchange regenerant at municipal potable water treatment plant.
- 2008 – Deliver our first slant plate coalescing oil water separator.
- 2009 – Demonstrate low pH removal of iron and silica from geothermal brine as pretreatment step to lithium extraction process.
- 2010 – Successfully demonstrated rental clarifier’s ability to treat 410 gpm while removing 99% of dredging related TSS.
- 2011 – Airlift three 250 gpm oil water separators to Fukushima Daichi nuclear power facility.
- 2012 – Treat & discharge 5M gallons of metals contaminated stormwater with a 200 gpm treatment system totally comprised of third party rental equipment.
- 2013 – Filed US Patent application for rental clarifier.
- 2015 – US Patent issued for rental clarifier.
- 2016 – Supplied rental & permanent clarifiers to treat 4000 gpm removing TOC.
- 2017 – Canadian Patent issued for rental clarifier.
- 2019 – Supplied rental & permanent clarifiers to multiple plastic recycling facilities in the US.
The latest economic downturn demands even more flexibility and innovation.
UniPure has responded with a clever rental approach to accommodate our clients’ capital constraints.